We are back and have plans, did you say dhow?
Update: Many of us have had the most challenging two years of our lives, both personally and professionally. Every one of my crew here at Hud Hud Travels has humbled me dearly, by sticking by me during this difficult period and remaining positive and eager to get back into it.
Throughout that time, I’ve been able to look inward at myself and the business, and I am on a mission to learn more about sustainability as a destination and as a business. By completing the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) as well as now being halfway through a master’s degree in Sustainable Tourism Management at SUMAS, a Swiss university, I feel I am on the right path.
As previously stated, eliminating plastic was a critical element and we will now be giving each visitor with a camp booking a personalised Sustainable water bottle for their trip with their name on it, so please send the guest names as soon as possible once a booking is confirmed.
This season, in order to raise funds for the ESO (Environmental Society Oman), a local NGO that we have supported on many occasions, we will be introducing a 5 OMR per person fee to all bookings. The ESO’s primary objective is research on and conservation of Oman’s natural habitat and biodiversity and it has been performing activities in Oman for nearly 2 decades to support this. As part of the 5 OMR contribution, each guest will receive information about ESO and how it will support their efforts. For those eager to do more we can, where possible, look at assisting ESO physically with their conservation efforts and guests can donate, join, or buy trackers for birds or turtles, which they can name and track for a year.
We hope to be a carbon negative firm by 2024, but we’re taking it one step at a time and figuring out the best way to get there in the form of off setting but for this coming season we aim to reduce our emissions by being more efficient in our logistics.
So we are hoping to start of fresh with all of this and we will of course be upping our product across the board which will include the following:
- We will have 2 SUP boards for use at any of our beach camps
- We will have 2 Sand sledges at our desert camps as well as our sandboards.
- 2 yoga mats will be available at camp
- We will provide each guest with a sustainable aluminium water bottle with their name engraved on it for use throughout the trip for anyone booking a camp.
- The most exciting news is that we will be launching a new product Ibra by Hud Hud Travels and dabbling in the yachting industry. Ibra will be a Hud Hud Travels product and as the only dhow conversion in Oman that combines old and new, it will be a brilliant addition to our itineraries. More information will be available on our website in due course so watch this space. We are planning a soft opening for December, and we are already taking reservations for the festive season. So please be in touch if you feel this might be a good fit for your adventure to avoid any disspaointment.
Hud Hud Travels
To start planning your celebration in Oman, contact firstname.lastname@example.org